Triangle restaurant news...that not everyone knows. Impress your co-workers at the water cooler
- We begin this week with a request for you to complete a quick survey about "At Home Casual Catering." We are expanding into the casual home catering area (i.e. think graduation parties, birthday parties, religious ceremonies, neighborhood gatherings, summer cook-outs, etc.). If you'll take a couple of minutes to help us gain a better understanding of this market, we'll reward you with 150 points in our SNAP rewards program! Take our survey here. Thanks in advance. P.S. If you don't participate in our Rewards Program (earn points toward gift cards just for using Snapfinger Catering), drop me an e-mail and we'll get you set-up!
- These are becoming the biggest foodie hot spots in the Triangle - another food truck round-up from 4-7 p.m. Sunday, June 27 at the Durham Farmers' Market pavilion on Foster St, in downtown Durham. There will be shade, music and the Outsider Art Gallery will be showing off local folk art. It is looking like it will feature: Only Burger, Daisy Cakes, Bulkogi Korean BBQ To Go, Taqueria Lopez taco truck, Indian Food on Wheels, Parlez-Vous Crepe, Mom's Delicious Dishes, Kona Chameleon, plus LocoPops might be there with their pops cart and Joe's Diner in East Durham is rumored to be bringing their hot dog cart.
- Every Sunday from now through September, at all Triangle locations of Krispy Kreme, you can get soft serve sundaes for free when you buy one (BOGO). No coupons required.
- But that's not the biggest Krispy Kreme news going. Maybe I'm the last to know, but Krispy Kreme will open up another Triangle location at 157 E. Franklin Street in Chapel Hill in late August.
- And if that is not enough, plans were just announced for a Wake Forest location of Krispy Kreme. Enough already - this is bathing suit weather!
- Looking for a reason to go to the beach? Who isn't? What if I told you cold beer was involved? This Saturday, New Bern (or Brewbern) is hosting a beer fest. The event will be at the New Bern Convention Center. There will be two rounds of beer tastings from 12-4 p.m. and 6-10 p.m. About 45 microbrewers will be pouring. Tickets cost $35 in advance and $40 the day of the event. To purchase tickets click here.
- Carolina Brewing Company will host their 15th Anniversary Beer Dinner on Thursday July 1st at 6:30pm at 42nd Street Oyster Bar and will feature 5 beers paired with 5 courses carefully selected by Executive Chef David Greenwell. Tickets are $59 all inclusive and must be purchased in advance by Wednesday June 30th. You may purchase your seats online or by calling 919-831-2811.
- We shared this with you months ago, but the Capital Club 16 (touted as a traditional American bar and restaurant) has opened in the old Champa Thai space at the corner of Salisbury and Martin Streets in the Capital Club Building in downtown Raleigh. Their soft opening was last night.
- We are excited to share with you that a Raleigh institution that closed back in April, has re-opened under new ownership. The Rockford on Glenwood South has re-opened - same hours, same menu (almost) and a new outdoor patio with covered seating.
- In August, Italian Pizzeria III - affectionately called IP3 by regulars - will observe its 30-year anniversary. A favorite of Chapel Hill locals, this is also a great place to catch some of the World Cup - even if Italy is no longer playing. Go USA!
- I'll be the first to get in line for a biscuit at Chapel Hill's Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen, but I was a little surprised this week to see the Food Network Magazine name SBK as the best breakfast in North Carolina. Really? The chicken biscuit is good, but the best breakfast in North Carolina? Really?
- Don't forget, starting next Thursday, all Starbucks will begin offering FREE Wi-Fi Internet access in all their stores. A little coffee and a little surfing anyone?
- North Hills is getting a bowling alley! Which also means bowling alley food! Come on, you know you love it. Plans are underway now for Sparians Midtown Bowling Boutique (boutique?)in a space on the first floor of the Park & Market apartment building in the North Hills complex.
- Do you need or know of someone that requires a gluten free meal? Well, The Melting Pot is listening and has released a completely gluten free menu. Check it out here.
Looking for a little more variety from Moe's Southwest Grill? Thinking that maybe you'd like a tray full of mini-burritos for your crowd? Or maybe you'd like the convenience of a boxed meal from Moe's - like a Box O' Burritos? Well, we've got great news for you! Moe's has expanded their menu to offer both of those options and more. Check out Moe's new menu here. And don't forget our little money-saving tip from Moe's. When you order the Fajita Bar, they bring enough "product" for 3 fajitas per person. If you figure the average person eats 2 fajitas, you only have to order for 14 people (42 fajitas) to feed 20 people! But keep this our little secret - don't tell the folks at Moe's I told you this!! Order now from Moe's.
BakeHouse Bistro & Jumpin' Jonny's are joining forces and combining under one name / one concept. BakeHouse Bistro and Jumpin' Jonny's will now be known only as Jumpin' Jonny's Catering! With this change, owner Jonathan Munsell announces that his catering and restaurant concepts are being consolidated into one single concept. But don't worry, nothing will go away and he assures me that they recognize today's need for timely and convenient service and will continue to deliver nothing but the highest quality food. On Snapfinger Catering, we will keep both concepts up (so as not to confuse you), but will eventually migrate to the single concept. Visit BakeHouse Bistro or Jumpin' Jonny's menus today.
We added them to the site a few months back, and one of our customers told us, "They are hands down the best sandwiches and salads around. They truly are the best kept secret in town." We'll Artisan Sandwiches and Salads has ramped up their offerings and has added some great new options including: Curry Chicken Sandwich, a Meatball Sub and Greek Wraps (with and without chicken). If you haven't tried Artisan yet, give them a try for your next meeting. Check out their menu here.
Hungry yet? Have you placed your order for next week's meetings? What are you waiting on? Click here to be directed to one of Snapfinger Catering's 45+ restaurants and caterers!